Principal's Bio - Erana B. Leiken
- Expertise: PR/promotion, B2B and B2C integrated, targeted marketing campaigns, product launches, print/online-advertising, collateral/fulfillment, creative guerilla marketing, press kits, sales kits/tools, program/account management.
- Specialty: Strategic, innovative Web marketing /implementation, site design/content development, online PR/promotion.
- Additional Experience: International product marketing campaigns, proposal management, publishing, and broadcasting.
- Instructor, Speaker, Writer: UCLA Business and Management Extension Faculty, Univ. of Phoenix Faculty; George Washington Univ. and Univ.of Virginia Professional Certification Courses, Business Seminars; Net conferences and meeting presenter; Web marketing articles; feature writing.
- Feature and Travel Writing
Top of Page
INTERNATIONAL CRUISE EXCURSION (ICE) & OurVacationStore.com (OVS)
Wordsmith for Web Experience Team, 2005- present, Phoenix, AZ
- Travel copy and content development for vacation club members: ecommerce landing pages, emails, promotions, ads, itineraries, templates; audience-specific & theme copy for cruise, resort, land tours, hotel vacations for World's Leading Cruise Lines, tour and resort partners, sweepstakes, destinations, etc. (USAA, Globus, Trafalgar, Starwood, Westin, etc.)
- Internal corporate newsletter, membership magazine, customer service, autodialer and onboard marketing scripts, multimedia projects, cruisers' preferences & buying patterns profiles research, cruiser tips, about cruising info.
TIGER MARKETING, Marketing Consultant, University Instructor, and Freelance
Writer, 2002-present, Los Angeles and Phoenix
- Web design, content, SEO; (Curphey & Malkin)
- Non-profit membership and residuals (Directors Guild of America)
- Instructor: communications (UOP); marketing (UCLA Business Extension)
- Writer: (Daily Breeze, Journal Star, LA People Connection)
BEST SOFTWARE, INC, Senior Marketing Manager, 2001-2002, Reston, Virginia
- Prepared/managed $1+ million budget, marketing plans, resources, and deliverables for 3 software HR and payroll
product lines as well as strategic direction, messaging, and positioning with vendors and agency.
- Planned/managed direct marketing campaigns: 100,000+ eDM/DM mailings monthly, ad creative, media
buys, Web promotion, 3rd party offers, product/event collateral, and fulfillment.
- Developed/managed integrated product campaigns: ads, direct mail, email, white papers, case studies,
prospect minisites, and online interactive demos, resulting in 20% response in 48 hours.
- Acquisition marketing/lead generation campaigns increased leads and sale pipeline. Initiated successful,
cost-saving eDM campaigns (12% response); Business Partners tools and channel recruiting campaigns.
TIGER MARKETING, Internet Marketing Consultant, 1996-2001, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Ad and e-mail campaigns, sweepstakes, search engine optimization, online relationship, viral and ethnic marketing
- Strategic consulting /planning and emarketing; viral marketing; and online Hispanic marketing (MCI WorldCom).
- Online advertising; meta tag and search engine registrations; site analysis, and enhancements (AMS, Inc.).
- Initiated, produced, and promoted award-winning site (BBP Award), HRBookmark; (Best Software).
Web PR strategy, competitive research, and positioning
- Researched online competition; developed site plan for competitive online positioning and branding. (TWNG).
- Developed targeted online PR plan and strategy for launch of investment enewsletter (Phillips Publishing).
Site architecture, design and navigation, content development, and online product launches
- Developed Addy award-winning intranet print/Web campaign collateral; customer extranet prototype
for international telecom (Concert Communications, BT and MCI).
- Developed online and CD-ROM user guides for online national dealer catalog (Mobil).
JOHNSON DESIGN GROUP, Marketing Director, 1995-1996
- Responsible for video segment on Discovery Channel; major cities' syndication (potential 53 million viewers).
- Created award-winning client newsletter, marketing collateral. Developed lead generation campaign:
trade shows, direct mail, prospect database. Content development and copywriter.
- Guerilla marketing /PR campaign resulted in site's selection for Top 50 Interesting Business Sites and numerous online recognition links.
- Developed global presence and new business for firm's entry into Web design business.
Results: 30% growth and new high profile, high-tech clients (Microsoft).
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORP., U.S. Marketing Manager, Federal Proposal Manager, Proposal Production Manager, 1987-1994
- Developed/executed U.S. product marketing programs. Managed corporate initiatives and product rollouts:
30-city seminar series; national customer user group events.
- Performed all marketing communications: lead generation and follow-up; list management, direct mail; demos, VAR programs; vendor relations and negotiations; worldwide sales kits.
- Contributed to the ramp-up and 8% growth of Digital's U.S. workgroup software business from installed
base and new business accounts during economic slowdown.
- Managed winning proposals to the government; generated $90 million in contracts (93% win rate) in a cross-matrixed corporation.
- Streamlined production department and increased productivity and capability to compete for >$5M contracts.
Top of Page
- MAXIM TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Director of Imaging Dept., Director of Marketing - Built new department to 25 employees and 2 shifts for Federal contractor; created procedures/methodology that won client award; held 2 security clearances.
- GROUP L CORPORATION, Vice President, Marketing Communications - Launched new products with entrepreneurial budget and limited resources.
- ITT DIALCOM, INC. Senior Project Planning Manager - Developed project tracking and management system for more than 200 projects.
- PJS PUBS, Magazine Editor - Revamped national trade magazine's editorial and graphic format; increased advertising revenue and circulation.
- NBC WEEK-TV, News Reporter - Street reporter, scripted, edited news/ features for top-rated newscast. Guest anchor; mini-series producer/ host.
Top of Page
PRINT, MAGAZINE, NEWSLETTER, & ONLINE PUBLISHING
- Web content developer, producer and copywriter. View examples.
- Published business article writer. View examples.
- Managing editor and writer for award-winning client newsletter. View examples.
- Product and corporate brochures, direct mail, annual reports, business plans, user guides, press releases, ad copy, TV news scripts, public relations articles, newsletters, Web copy, Net articles, and features. View examples.
- Published freelance writer. View examples.
Top of Page
SEMINARS & CONFERENCES
- Conference Speaker: "Double Your Exposure in Print and Online," DMAW annual conference; "How to Attract Your Market to Your Web site," Multicom NetExpo; "Web Marketing: A Tool for Everyday Business."
- Instructor: "Marketing Your Small Business on the Internet," Smart Business Seminars; "Integrated Marketing Communications" and "PR on the Web," George Washington University; "Integrating PR and Marketing on the Net," University of Virginia; "Effective Communications," University of Phoenix; "One-to-One Marketing," UCLA Extension Business and Management.
- Presenter: "Smart Web Marketing for Your eCommerce Initiatives," AMS eCommerce MARCOM meeting; AMA-DC and WA&M high-tech event.
Top of Page
- Workforce Magazine, Reader's Choice of Best Ad, 2001
- Web site award, "Mark of Best Practice," Bureau of Best Business Practice for HRBookmark site, 1999.
- Addy Awards for Web Promotion Campaign & Product Presentation Collateral, Concert Communications, 1998.
- Print and Graphics Assoc., JDG Storyboard newsletter, 1997
Top of Page
- University of Richmond, MA English, Honors
- University of Illinois, BA Liberal Arts, Senior Honors
- Penn State Executive Marketing Program
- George Washington Univ.'s Multimedia Program
- UCLA Entertainment PR
Top of Page
- American Marketing Assoc. (board)
- Arizona Authors Association
- Direct Marketing Assoc. of Washington
- Independent Writers of Southern CA
- International Interactive Communications (board)
- Internet Society
- National Capital Speakers Association
- New Media Society
- PEN West Literary Society
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Washington Independent Writers
- Women In Advertising & Marketing (board)
- Women In Technology
- Women's National Book Assoc.
- Who's Who in American Women
- Who's Who in Online Publishing
Top of Page